There is nothing more inconvenient and frustrating than having a jammed garage door. You’re in a rush to get somewhere or if you’re coming from somewhere and it’s raining and the garage door won’t open. However, this is nothing to lose your cool over because there are a couple of really effective tips you can implement when it comes to garage door opener repair.
Different Types of Openers Garage Doors are Integrated With
This short article will highlight the necessary repair tips you need in order to get your garage door fine and dandy again along with some additional tips for general garage door complications that thousands of people face on a daily basis.
To start off, openers that are installed in garage doors come in 3 distinct types – they are known as belt drive, screw driver and chain drive. Repairing the opener mechanism for all of these types of openers is generally the same. Why? Well that is because all three of these opener systems come incorporated with similar mechanical components and parts.
- The transmitter in your garage door opener remote control sends a signal – which is what allows the drive system to operate and open the door.
- Your garage opener device is fitted with an alert system that immediately notifies you that there is something blocking the path of the garage door – which will prevent it from opening or closing.
- The garage door opener button is wired-in to enable you to open the door from the inside.
Identifying the Root Cause of the Problem
Finding out what important component of the system isn’t working is very simple. If you repeatedly press the open button on your remote control and the garage door doesn’t open, and if it opens when you press the wired-in button from the inside and it does open – then the problems lies with the transmitting component of the garage door. In this case, it is better that you call in a professional garage door repair expert.
On the other hand, if your remote doesn’t appear to be working, try using the other remote that came with your garage door – there are usually two remotes. If the other remote works, then have the first remote checked out.
Moreover, if neither the control button of the garage or the remote control is working – then the problem lies with the receiver that is attached at the top of the motor, which is what opens the door.
Important Tips for Garage Door Opener Repair
- If the remote is busted and isn’t working even if you replace the batteries, order another remote online.
- If there is something wrong with the receiver, you can also conveniently order replacement receiver for your garage door opener. In addition, you can also buy a universal receiver system that comes with brand new transmitters. You can easily replace the system yourself.
- You can also buy a new obstruction alert system for your garage door opener, almost all garage doors come with a universal sensor mechanism.
If these repairs are not something you feel comfortable dealing with yourself, then it might be best to contact your local garage door installation and repair company and let the professionals deal with it.