Residential garage doors are an important part of any home. These excellent investments can add aesthetic and functional value to your home, but it’s important to keep them well-maintained throughout their lifespan. Authority Dock & Door has all the garage door expertise you could need.
Types of Residential Doors
There are several different types of residential garage doors that you can choose from. The type that you pick will have a major impact on the overall aesthetic of your home, so it’s a good idea to hire professional assistance to choose the right color, material, style, and design.
There are several different types of materials you can pick from for your residential garage door.
In addition, we also offer installation for two different types of doors for different heating conditions.
Finally, you can choose from residential garage doors with a few different finishes or window preferences.
- With Windows
- Glass paneled
- Carriage paneled
- Solid raised and paneled
Benefits Of Quality Residential Doors
Having quality, good-looking residential doors have several important benefits to impart on your home.
- Decrease heating and cooling bills: by using an insulated or well-fitted garage door, you’ll save money on electricity since you won’t bleed hot or cold air from your garage.
- Improve appearance: your home can benefit from having an aesthetically pleasing and well-fitted residential garage door. It can really tie the entire look of your home together, particularly if you pick an appropriate color.
- Lower maintenance costs: well-made garage doors will require less maintenance than poorly constructed doors. This will save you money since the doors will work for a long time without issue.
- Increase the value of home: your home’s overall value will increase if you have a quality garage door installed. This can be important if you plan to sell or rent your home.
- Added security: a good garage door can be counted on to be secure and keep your belongings both inside the garage and inside your home safe.
Routine Maintenance Tips
Here are a few quick tips to help you maintain the quality of your residential garage door.
- Check your roller brackets and bolts. Tighten these if they are becoming unsecured, as a typical garage door will move up and down hundreds or thousands of times a year.
- Check the rollers. These can wear down over time, so check them frequently and make sure there aren’t any chips or cracks that might prevent your door from opening and closing properly.
- Replace weather stripping. This is of importance if your garage door is insulated. Damaged weather stripping will prevent your garage door from effectively keeping hot or cold air inside the garage.
- Lubricate any moving parts. By keeping moving sections well-greased, your garage door will function smoothly for much longer and be at less risk for damage.
Contact Us for All Your Residential Door Needs!
When it comes to garage doors, Authority Dock & Door is the clear choice. Not only can they offer you an extensive selection of quality residential garage doors, but they can also provide you with exceptional installation, repair, and preventative maintenance services for your doors in the future. Why wait? Contact Authority Dock & Door via phone. Come check us out on Facebook!